Friday, January 18, 2008

Getting Better, Then a Setback

Finally, the bulky dressing was cut off of my bald head and the drain tube and the sack were both removed. In its place I was given a soft little skull cap like the one I has been given with the first brain tumor. Now I could hear better and it would be much easier to move about, to get up to sit in the chair, and to go to the bathroom, all without having to hold the sack. By this time I was able to walk almost normally.

Several times Avery H. came to visit. He would help get me in a wheelchair, roll me down the hall, down the elevator, to the front door and on out to the fresh air, green grass, and well people. Those outings were delightful and meant so much to me. I was getting better and better all the time!

But, then, I developed thrombophlebitis (a clot) in my left leg.
I would no longer be able to move around freely but would, now be confined to the hospital bed.....and my stay in the hospital would be prolonged! I was started on Heparin and had to keep a pillow under my knee and wear some tight, white, support hose.

No comments: