Monday, January 21, 2008

DISCHARGED after Meningioma Surgery

I became so bored, and so lonesome....just lying there hour after hour........day in and day out. Some visitor, other than family, would come every now and then, but not being able to converse, the conversation still had to be all one-way. I found out that Harry A., from Orangeburg, was in the hospital room right next to mine, but there was no question about going over to visit him; I had to stay in bed with my leg propped up in those tight, white, support hose!

At last, after three weeks and two days, on March 15, 1983, I was told I could go HOME..........but with the understanding that I would keep my leg propped up and would continue wearing the tight, white, support hose. And that Jack would be responsible for lining up nurses to give me the Heparin injections.

THE DISCHARGE SUMMARY from the Richland Memorial Hospital read:
PATIENT: Ashlyn Gray
She underwent a craniotomy.....with the removal of meningioma.
Tumor had invaded most of the skull on the left side. Craniectomy was required to remove all of this bone involved with tumor. Also the dura was sacrificed. ....she developed thrombophlebitis and was seen by Dr. Love who began the patient on Heparin....improved to the point that she could ambulate with minimal assistance with most of the deficit being in the arm and in speech.
CONDITION: Improved
PROGNOSIS: Good

No comments: