Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Household Help after Brain Surgery

Myrtle was to literally be ''my right arm”. She was more than just a maid, as evidenced in time, by the many extra kindnesses she did for me and the family. She met me at the ear to help me get out and then, while Jack was parking the car in the garage, she slowly led me up the front walk and on through the front door. I was still very weak and the trip from Columbia had exhausted me, but it was so very good to be home again! Myrtle had turned the cover back on my bed so it would look inviting and I, being tired, headed straight for it. She and I would soon become very good Christian friends.

Jack was to be responsible for lining up nurses to administer the Heparin injection in my stomach in hopes that the clot in my leg would soon be dissolved. I was so glad now, that I had drawn the floor plan with Jack's office in our house; it made it much easier for him to see that I was taken care of. Between the secretary from nine to twelve and the maid from twelve to four and Jack in the evenings, I would have somebody in the house with me most all the time to answer the telephone and the door.

No comments: